Friday, December 11, 2015

A Word From The Editor: Aiming To Put "Food On The Table"


Yours truly has made a name for himself, under his pseudonym, writing about Second Life for about eight years now, five and a half under this newsletter. What most of you don't know is that before Second Life, I was writing under my real-life name, Murray M. Lee, self-publishing several science-fiction stories in the website "A Writers Block." The website is no longer online as something went wrong and it vanished from the web. While yours truly still does a little story-writing on the side, progress has been slow, as my first priority has been here.

Partially due to real-life developments, friends and family have been suggesting I make more of a push to use my writing talents to make a real-life income, "Second Life is fine and dandy, but it has not been putting food on your table," I've been more or less told. Actually it has been helping to put food on the tables of others, but that's another story. While I have made money here, I've been donating what I make to the American Cancer Society via Relay for Life, and Veterans charities.

So at their suggestion, I'm going to do a little experiment. I'm going back to writing some things under my real-life name. About once a week on a new website, I'll upload a little something. Sometimes an essay, sometimes just a joke, maybe short stories. Things are only just beginning there, the only two guidelines are "writings about other than Second Life" and "make real money" by getting people to want to advertise there.

The name of the website, since the aim is to help "put food on the table," that's what the working title will be: "Food on the Table." Right now, it's very much a work in progress. Only the basics are set up. Only one writing has been uploaded there. But there will be more to come.

This does *not* meant I'll be cutting back on my writing here. It simply means I am looking an additional market. As long as Gemma, Becky, and the others on the team keep writing a steady stream of stories, this newsletter will keep on going strong, especially if we get some sponsors to replace Podex and Steelhead, of which the losses of (due to Linden Lab and the founder's real-life problems respectively) were a big hit to our bottom line.

But if you're curious to see other writings of mine, please check out "Food on the Table."

https://foodonthetablesite.wordpress.com/ .

Bixyl Shuftan aka Murray M. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment